Things to Look For in Your Yearly Car Inspection
It is just as important to be a safe driver, as it is to drive a vehicle that is in safe condition. A yearly car safety inspection can ensure that your vehicle is in proper working condition and is at least in accordance with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations. A safety inspection can also help keep you safe and can prevent accidents.
Critical Safety Components of A Vehicle
Below are a handful of the critical safety elements that should be inspected annually during your car safety inspection:
- Engine. As the heart of your car, it is important that your engine keeps running, and running well. Timing belts that are in bad shape could fail, rendering your rendering useless. Any part of your engine that fails can cause serious damage to a vehicle.
- Transmission. Your transmission is the mechanical element of your vehicle that changes gears as you drive and lets you accelerate, and whether your vehicle is an automatic or a manual, your car has one. A transmission contains hundreds of moving parts, which smoothly work together with the help of transmission fluid, which is a lubricant. Usually when a transmission fails, it fails in its entirety, so getting your transmission checked and serviced regularly is a good idea.
- Brakes. Being able to slow or stop is absolutely critical to safe driving, so the brakes on your vehicle need to be in good condition. Your brake pads and shoes should be thick and in good condition, your brake system should be checked for leaks and your brake fluid should be flushed regularly and replaced with fresh brake fluid.
- Tires. Tires are a common point of failure in many automobile accidents, so it is important to make sure that the tire treads are in good condition and are free of debris, and that the side walls of the tires are free of any bulges or irregularities.
- Fluid levels. Fluids are vital to your vehicle’s proper operation. Oil, brake, window wash, coolant, power steering, and transmission fluids should be regularly checked and topped off.
- Lights and Turn Signals. Since the lights of a vehicle are used to improve visibility for you, the driver, and to signal to other vehicles your intended actions, it is important to ensure that all lights are working properly.
Making Sure Your Car Is Safe For The Road
There are many ways that you can make sure your car is safe for the road. A good rule of thumb is to get an annual safety inspection. Additionally, the owner’s manual for your vehicle can provide recommendations on how frequently certain aspects of your vehicle should be checked or maintenanced so that your vehicle operates at optimum performance and is as safe as it can be.
Automobile accidents happen all the time due to mechanical failures or improper maintenance. If you have been involved in an accident because of improper vehicle maintenance, the lawyers at Ladah Law Firm, PLLC can assist you in building a strong personal injury action. Contact us at (702) 252-0055 and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with us.
Brought to you by:
Ladah Law Firm, PLLC
517 S. 3rd Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101